Important Information Concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are here for you.
As the world continues to change as a result of COVID-19, we are committed to ensuring that all your banking needs are met. The health and safety of our customers has always been and will always be our top priority. We are continuously monitoring the situation and adapting as need be in a way that protects you and your community bankers.
- Due to a heightened number of COVID-19 cases in our area, OVB lobbies will be closed until further notice beginning Monday, July 20. The health and safety of our communities continues to be our top priority. If you need to see a loan officer or access your safe deposit box, you may call to make an appointment. Our drive-thru locations remain open for your convenience.
- Is your loan payment deferral reaching an end and you still need help? Now offering another 3 months. Contact your lender to discuss the options available for your loan type and to sign up. Not sure what number to call? Call 1-800-468-6682 and we can direct you to the right person.
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): Funds are available again for small businesses until August 8, 2020. Loan application | Forgiveness application info
- OVB is offering Skip-a-Pay payment deferral or interest-only payments for those adversely affected by the virus outbreak. Call your lender or 1-800-468-6682 for details about the options available for your specific loan type.
- OVB is waiving the Early Closeout fee on Christmas Savings for those who need to withdraw early. Contact your nearest branch.
Extended Hours at the Drive-Thru
Currently our branches are operating via drive-thru only, with three locations offering extended hours for your convenience. At any branch you can make an appointment by calling 1-800-468-6682 to meet with a loan officer, account service representative, or to access your safe deposit box.
Non-Contact Banking Channels
We understand the importance of social distancing in these trying times. We encourage you to take advantage of our non-contact banking channels for your comfort:
- OVB Line telephone banking. Call 1-888-FONE-OVB (888-366-3682). Make sure to have both your social security number and account numbers ready.
- ATMs OVB customers have the benefit of surcharge-free transactions at any Moneypass ATM in the nation. Other banks’ fees may apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the bank's phone number? Call 1-800-468-6682. This is our Customer Support Call Center. They can assist you with most banking tasks or transfer your call to any of our offices or personnel.
Do you have information about the economic impact payment the IRS is sending out?
The IRS is the point of contact for questions. They have put together some commonly asked questions here.
How do I know that my money is safe at the bank during this time of uncertainty?
The safest place for your money is at a FDIC-insured bank, like Ohio Valley Bank. The FDIC insures up to $250,000 per depositor per FDIC-insured bank. The FDIC answers common bank customer questions here.
Who do I talk to about loan payment options available due to the virus?
Call or email your loan officer. If you are unsure of who to speak with, our staff can help point you in the right direction. Just call 1-800-468-6682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I need a new debit or credit card?
Customers who need a new debit card should call us at 800-468-6682. Cards can be mailed or picked up at the drive-thru.
As always, if your card becomes lost or stolen, disable the card through internet banking and then call the your local branch or the numbers below to report it.
To report lost or stolen cards:
Debit Cards call 888-297-3416 | Credit Cards call 800-615-1161
I have a banking issue that I’d feel more comfortable discussing in person. What do I need to do?
Existing customers may enter branch lobbies via appointment by calling 800-468-6682 during business hours or by letting us know at the drive-thru.
What health measures are being taken at the branches? Our branches are operating drive-thru only to protect both you and your community bankers. Customers can visit the lobby of their local branch via appointment only. Hand sanitizer and masks are available at all locations. Our high touch points, including doors, ATM buttons, and counters, are sanitized multiple times per day and receive a professional cleaning nightly. Masks are required for employees and encouraged for guests. Public restrooms and water fountains are closed. In addition, should any member of our OVB team exhibit symptoms they will stay home. Finally, our employees who can work from home are currently doing so. The health and safety of our community is our top priority.
Be aware of COVID-19 scams
Unfortunately, cyber criminals continue to ramp up their scam efforts in response to COVID-19. If you believe you are a victim of a scam, please call us immediately at 1-800-468-6682. We also encourage you to report all fraud to the Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov/complaint. Remain vigilant and do not under any circumstance provide your personal identifying information to unknown sources via email or phone.
For more on potential scams related to COVID-19, please read our blog post here.
Wondering how you can help our community during this unsure time? Check out our blog on how to keep our Community First mission alive.
To stay informed on COVID-19, visit www.cdc.gov and www.coronavirus.gov. Should you need additional guidance, contact your primary care physician. When you search the internet for information, be wary of unknown sites promising information, as many of them carry computer viruses.
At the end of the day, we are all in this together. We are proud to be part of such a great community. You are the reason we continue to remain a strong, independent community bank. Ohio Valley Bank has operated through the Great Depression, two World Wars, and 9/11, and we are prepared to help you through the days ahead.