Important Information Concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are here for you.
As the world continues to change as a result of COVID-19, we are committed to ensuring that all your banking needs are met. The health and safety of our customers has always been and will always be our top priority. We are continuously monitoring the situation and adapting as need be in a way that protects you and your community bankers.
- Info on second round Stimulus Payment deposits
- Starting Monday, Nov. 23, lobbies at all locations and OVB offices inside Walmart and Holzer will be closed until further notice. This closure is due to the accelerated spread of the virus in our region. Drive-thru windows at all locations will remain open and operating normal schedule, with the exception of the Mini Bank Office located on Fourth Avenue in downtown Gallipolis, which will operate Monday-Saturday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.. Click here for current operating hours.
Existing PPP Borrowers - If you received a link for the current round of PPP, please be advised, the link is “Entity Specific”, meaning it must be accessed by you only and NOT FORWARDED to another borrower.
New PPP Applicants – Using an Ohio Valley Bank “PPP Link” forwarded to you by another individual may create a delay in processing your PPP loan. If you are a 1st time PPP applicant and would like to receive a link, please dial (740) 578-3434 and leave a message to request a link.
- For information on the Second Draw PPP Loan rules, visit https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program.
- If you were approved for a First Draw PPP Loan with OVB, we sent you an email on Jan. 16 containing a personalized link to access your Second Draw application under your existing profile. DO NOT share this email with others. If your First Draw PPP Loan email was directed to an accountant, then your Second Draw email was similarly directed.
- If your email regarding the PPP Loan was directed to an accountant previously, they should receive it again this time.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their driver's license when applying for the Second Draw PPP Loan.
- For more information, contact the PPP Support Line at 740-578-3434.
- Applications from current OVB customers will be given first priority.
Non-Contact Banking Channels
We understand the importance of social distancing in these trying times. We encourage you to take advantage of our non-contact banking channels for your comfort:
- OVB Line telephone banking. Call 1-888-FONE-OVB (888-366-3682). Make sure to have both your social security number and account numbers ready.
- ATMs OVB customers have the benefit of surcharge-free transactions at any Moneypass ATM in the nation. Other banks’ fees may apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the bank's phone number? Call 1-800-468-6682. This is our Customer Support Call Center. They can assist you with most banking tasks or transfer your call to any of our offices or personnel.
Do you have information about the economic impact payment the IRS is sending out?
The IRS is the point of contact for questions. They have put together some commonly asked questions here.
How do I know that my money is safe at the bank during this time of uncertainty?
The safest place for your money is at a FDIC-insured bank, like Ohio Valley Bank. The FDIC insures up to $250,000 per depositor per FDIC-insured bank. The FDIC answers common bank customer questions here.
Who do I talk to about loan payment options available due to the virus?
Call or email your loan officer. If you are unsure of who to speak with, our staff can help point you in the right direction. Just call 1-800-468-6682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I need a new debit or credit card?
Customers who need a new debit card should call us at 800-468-6682. Cards can be mailed or picked up at the drive-thru.
As always, if your card becomes lost or stolen, disable the card through internet banking and then call the your local branch or the numbers below to report it.
To report lost or stolen cards:
Debit Cards call 888-297-3416 | Credit Cards call 800-615-1161
I have a banking issue that I’d feel more comfortable discussing in person. What do I need to do?
Existing customers may enter branch lobbies via appointment by calling 800-468-6682 during business hours or by letting us know at the drive-thru.
What health measures are being taken at the branches? Our branches are operating drive-thru only to protect both you and your community bankers. Customers can visit the lobby of their local branch via appointment only. Hand sanitizer and masks are available at all locations. Our high touch points, including doors, ATM buttons, and counters, are sanitized multiple times per day and receive a professional cleaning nightly. Masks are required for employees and encouraged for guests. Public restrooms and water fountains are closed. In addition, should any member of our OVB team exhibit symptoms they will stay home. Finally, our employees who can work from home are currently doing so. The health and safety of our community is our top priority.
Be aware of COVID-19 scams
Unfortunately, cyber criminals continue to ramp up their scam efforts in response to COVID-19. If you believe you are a victim of a scam, please call us immediately at 1-800-468-6682. We also encourage you to report all fraud to the Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov/complaint. Remain vigilant and do not under any circumstance provide your personal identifying information to unknown sources via email or phone.
For more on potential scams related to COVID-19, please read our blog post here.
Wondering how you can help our community during this unsure time? Check out our blog on how to keep our Community First mission alive.
To stay informed on COVID-19, visit www.cdc.gov and www.coronavirus.gov. Should you need additional guidance, contact your primary care physician. When you search the internet for information, be wary of unknown sites promising information, as many of them carry computer viruses.
At the end of the day, we are all in this together. We are proud to be part of such a great community. You are the reason we continue to remain a strong, independent community bank. Ohio Valley Bank has operated through the Great Depression, two World Wars, and 9/11, and we are prepared to help you through the days ahead.