Cybersecurity Best Practices for Businesses
1. Have policies dictating what your employees can and cannot do with computers.
2. Install anti-virus and anti-malware on computers
3. Keep Anti-virus and anti-malware updated
4. Patch programs that your business uses
5. Enforce complex passwords for logins
6. Perform a risk assessment. Contact Ohio Valley Bank and ask for the IT Security department for details on how.
7. Encrypt information that is high risk
8. Do not use shared passwords
9. Use a firewall
10. Use screensaver lockouts with password protection
BONUS. Perform backups on all systems you can’t live without.