Who We Are
Ohio Valley Bank is ranked 5 STARS - SUPERIOR by Bauer Financial and is listed among the firm's recommended banks.
The Ohio Valley Bank Company
The Ohio Valley Bank Company, known as Ohio Valley Bank or more simply OVB, was established in 1872. Ohio Valley Bank currently operates 17 offices throughout Ohio and West Virginia.
Ohio Valley Bank's headquarters are located at 420 Third Avenue in Gallipolis, Ohio. During its 151 years in business, the bank has never changed names, making it one of the 6 oldest state chartered banks in the state. Assets are over $1 billion, and the company employs nearly 300 people.
The mission of Ohio Valley Bank is clear: Community First!
OVB's job is to help the community thrive.
If you think of OVB as just a place to cash checks, you are missing out. Ohio Valley Bank's "Community First" mission drives us to be so much more for you.
- Meet our friendly, expert, LOCAL staff
- Get involved in our Community First initiatives
- Tap into resources from our business banking experts
- Earn with Rewards Checking, an account that pays you
- Take advantage of quick, local decisions on loans online or in the branch
- Witness the difference our award-winning children's educational programs make
- Bank on your schedule with technology that exceeds other community banks
- Take control of your wealth with free tools like Benjamin Tracker and Cash Management
- Shop smart with the OVB Visa Rewards Credit Card Special featuring rates among the lowest in the country
...All in a bank that's lasted 151 years. Start today and make history with us.
In September 2021, Ohio Valley Bank opened an online-only mortgage subsidiary called Race Day Mortgage, Inc. As Race Day Mortgage, the company disrupts the mortgage lending game by accelerating loan approval times and showing up in a personal capacity for our clients.
Ohio Valley Banc Corp.
In 1992, Ohio Valley Bank management established Ohio Valley Banc Corp. The Banc Corp. is a one-bank holding company (Ohio Valley Bank being that "one-bank") which expanded to create another subsidiary in 1996 called Loan Central, a finance company with six offices in southern Ohio. Ohio Valley Banc Corp. common stock is traded on The NASDAQ Global Market under the ticker symbol of OVBC.